Is the United States your destination choice?
Then you’ll need to be prepared to take the Scholastic Aptitude Tests (SAT) and SAT Subject exams:
- SAT – testing comprehension, critical reasoning and basic mathematics
- SAT Subject Tests – measuring knowledge in specific subjects
The SAT and SAT Subject Tests are a prerequisite for admission to top universities in the USA. The SAT assesses verbal and mathematical aptitude, while the SAT Subject Tests are offered in twenty subjects, including Mathematics, World History, and English Literature.
The SAT entrance exam (USA)
Many of our past students are currently enrolled at Ivy League universities such as Harvard and uPenn.
- The SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) is an entrance exam used by all USA universities to make admissions decisions. Because these universities consider students from all over the world, the SAT is the only way for them to compare applicants academically.
- Many universities also require that SAT Subject Tests be taken. The Subject Tests cover more content and in greater detail than our local Matric. Students who have also enrolled in our AS Level and A Level classes will have sufficient background, but others will require additional study.
Learning Unlimited provided the foundation for everything I have achieved over the last decade. Studying for the Cambridge Assessment International Exams with my mother, Sharon, prepared me for the SATs and enabled me to Matriculate from Bishops with a 95% average. More than that, my mother taught me—like all of her students—how to learn.
Joe Kahn, Harvard Graduate 2019, USA
How Learning Unlimited works with you
Our team works remotely with our students to prepare them for the exam. Because the material is unfamiliar to most South Africans, our programmes are extremely helpful.
- We usually suggest 10-15 hours of tutoring in addition to
- The team will work with you to develop personalised study strategies and explain concepts in an accessible way based on your learning style and prior background.